Now going into its 3rd prime time season, Virtualization is definitely a hit show for the IT crowd. The numbers from the recent CDW survey of 400 IT managers show its widespread following. More than 90% of respondents indicated they are implementing virtualization at some level, with 73% saying they started their virtualization efforts in 2007, 2008. Baseline provides a handy slideshow of the main results from the CDW Server Virtualization Survey.
Our experience with virtualization started in November 2007, with the introduction of the Accellion Managed File Transfer virtual appliance. It was the first time a virtual appliance for secure file transfer had been offered. Prior to this, 100% of Accellion Managed File Transfer sales were of physical appliances. Today, more than 75% of new customers request our virtual appliance. Which is great news for them and for us. We see the benefits of virtualization with every install. No dedicated hardware to setup, access to top of the line computing resources and quick and easy software installation – the software is delivered via Accellion secure file transfer. Installation was always easy with Accellion but now it’s stupid easy, to quote one of our customers.
If you are interested in reading more about what IT managers think about the Accellion virtual appliance – check out the reviews on the VMware marketplace.
At Accellion, we’re hooked on virtualization. We’ve signed up for next season – we hear they’re calling it Virtualization and the Cloud – the New Reality.
- Seeds being sown for a different kind of IT
- Private: Latest Release of Accellion Secure File Transfer Solution Could Help More Than 75% of the Companies Surveyed on Secure File Transfer
- Private: FIle Transfer Goes Virtual
- Private: Making Fun of Wall Street Journal Would Have Been Too Easy – the Reality of Secure File Transfer for Enterprises
- Making Fun of Wall Street Journal Would Have Been Too Easy – the Reality of Secure File Transfer for Enterprises