Job Description and Desired Skills:
We are seeking a seasoned, hands on Controller with experience working in a high growth Software as a Service (SaaS) company, to manage and scale Accellions’s accounting and finance function. The Controller will report directly to the CFO, managing the accounting team of six, with responsibility for the monthly close of the company’s books, preparation of the company financial statements in accordance with GAAP, tax compliance, managing international accounting, and developing financial policies and controls where they do not exist. The successful candidate will be able to apply his/her SaaS and software, technical accounting knowledge, and analytical skills to lead a dynamic, first class, highly scalable and efficient, international accounting team for a rapid growth, high tech company.
- Oversee accounting department operations, G/L, A/P, A/R, Credit & Collections, F/A, Payroll, Tax (income, sales and property), Treasury, and Stock Administration.
- “Own” the Balance Sheet and P&L. Be intimate with the financial statements, fully understand variances to budget and deliver fully reviewed financial statements to the CFO, on a timely monthly basis.
- Continually evaluate and optimize month-end close processes, striving to deliver process automation, improved accuracy and higher customer service.
- Close consolidated books. Create monthly close schedule including close meeting to discuss results and present financial statement review.
- Manage annual external audit, both US and International.
- Manage US and International annual filings for corporate income tax, sales tax, and property tax, and worldwide tax compliance.
- Subscription Revenue and Deferred Revenue: insure proper GAAP tracking and recognition, prepare monthly reporting.
- Lead payroll practices and compliance. Ensure employees are consistently paid accurately, on time, in accordance with compensation plans with appropriate taxation.
- Manage expense reimbursement process and policies. Ensure proper coding of expense reports, detailed audit of expenses submitted to confirm adherence to company policies and guidelines.
- Billing, A/R and cash: Manage processes for newly booked and renewal revenue; structure and manage the process for invoicing, recording and collecting revenue efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Accounts Payable: Lead A/P function implementing efficient processes for coding and data entry/retention of vendor invoices, credit card transactions, etc to ensure proper payment approvals, vendor management and 1099 reporting.
- Fixed Assets: Maintain fixed asset schedules, calculate and record depreciation on general ledger.
- Account reconciliations: Ensure monthly analysis and reconciliation of various general ledger accounts occurs timely, such as, pre-paid and accruals.
- Manage entry into international markets (entity, currency, employment, etc.)
- Oversee sales tax requirements for subscription service businesses.
- Lead or assist with various accounting or other special ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Maintain Stock Option database and assist with FAS123 financial accounting.
- Prepare stock option agreements and maintain corporate records.