Accellion, Inc., an industry leader in providing secure, enterprise mobile file sharing and collaboration solutions to enable increased business productivity, today announced that it has enhanced its enterprise-grade security features by including two-factor authentication (2FA). This boosts the existing kiteworks authentication process to increase the security protections available to corporations and government customers.
“Recent high profile security breaches, such as the iCloud scandal of stolen celebrity photos and the phishing scheme that exploited Dropbox to steal user credentials, highlight why corporations are looking for more enhanced content security features for their employees,” said Vidhya Ranganathan, SVP of Products at Accellion. “Our 2FA capabilities provide enterprises and government agencies with additional security safeguards to ensure that enterprise content is being securely accessed by only authorized users.”
The kiteworks 2FA can be configured per user profile, enabling administrators to determine if all standard users must use 2FA, or just restricted users. Alternatively, administrators can create custom user profiles to enforce 2FA.
Organizations today are adopting BYOD policies, and to ensure the security and integrity of data on mobile devices, enterprise organizations need solutions to enable employees to securely connect to content. With the strong mobile security capabilities that kiteworks offers, enterprises can support end-user requirements to be productive on-the-go, while ensuring data security and compliance. kiteworks security capabilities include:
- 2FA – Two-factor authentication can be configured per user profile and managed on any device.
- Secure mobile container - an encrypted container that ensures the security and compliance of all content stored locally on a mobile device.
- Secure Integrated mobile editor – enables users to securely open, edit, and create MS Office files, and annotate PDFs without having to use unsecure 3rd party editors. File creation, editing, and annotation all take place within the kiteworks secure mobile container.
- Selective remote wipe - selectively wipe enterprise content saved in the secure mobile container when a device is lost or stolen
- Whitelist helper apps – centrally manage and control which applications are allowed to open files within the kiteworks mobile app and prevent users from opening files using unsecure consumer apps.
- PIN access – Configure offline PIN settings with full administrative control for accessing files in the secure mobile container.
In addition to the augmented 2FA security feature, Accellion has added full content search and custom branding to the kiteworks solution.
Full Content Search
The new kiteworks full content search capability enables users to quickly find relevant content by offering the ability to efficiently search and filter any content stored within kiteworks. Users can filter content based on file/folder name, author, date/time, file type and size. For example, users can query content searches such as “find all Word documents modified by Nina in the last week that contain the term ‘Product Roadmap 2014,'" and find the exact documents they need. The kiteworks full content search capability is available on mobile devices in addition to the web interface.
The kiteworks custom branding capabilities allow organizations to customize the look and feel of the kiteworks solution to make consistent with corporate branding and identity. Organizations can custom brand the web and mobile login screens and sync login page including adding a custom background image and selecting custom colors for text and buttons to match corporate identity.