Secure File Transfer
Collaboration often starts with a simple email delivering a document to one user, or perhaps several. But how do you do that securely? What if the attachment is too big for email? How can you tell who has opened the document? How do you prevent the email or the attachment from being forwarded to an unauthorized recipient?
With kiteworks, sending a file securely is a single click away, whether from the kiteworks Microsoft Outlook Plugin, desktop Windows Explorer or Finder, the kiteworks web interface or mobile apps. Business users can select and send files from wherever they are stored: on their desktop, Windows file shares, SharePoint and other enterprise content management systems, or kiteworks' own repository.
In instances where you expect a response from a file recipient, or want to allow edits, send tasks or apply comments, your needs have evolved from secure file transfer to secure content collaboration. As more sophisticated collaboration is needed, users can easily leverage kiteworks’ shared folders capabilities, all from the same application.
- Security: Take advantage of the security, compliance and scalability advantages of the kiteworks platform, including the ability to deploy as a secure private cloud or 100% on-premises.
- Integration with Outlook: For business users who prefer to work in Microsoft Outlook, the kiteworks Outlook Plugin makes it easy to send content securely without leaving their email window.
- Familiarity: Recipients receive a link to the file, accessible using any email client.
- Control: Senders can allow anyone with the link to access the file, or can require that the user login and authenticate first.
- Visibility: File senders receive a notification once a file is downloaded and can immediately follow up with the recipient.
- Flexibility: Unlimited file sizes are supported.
- Data Leak Prevention (DLP): Integrate with your existing DLP system to prevent leaks of personally identifiable information (PII) or other sensitive types of content.
- File expiration: Set time limits for users to access sent files.
- Audit: All file activity is logged and available to the sender via the Activities stream, and to the admin via the Activities Report. Full logs can also be exported to Syslog.
- View only: Inhibit leaking of sensitive files by assigning “view only” access to files, preventing a recipient from downloading a file.
- Watermarking: Specify an identifying watermark on a file to discourage viewers from saving and forwarding a screenshot of a sensitive file.
- Custom integrations: Implement secure file transfer integrations using the kiteworks REST APIs.
- Secure message body: When even the text of a message could disclose private information, the sender has the option to treat the body of the email similarly to attachments, only allowing access after authentication.