HIPAA BAA Information
For customers governed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), Accellion adheres to the HIPAA compliance obligations of those customers under a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement as provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
As a “Business Associate” under HIPAA, Accellion has an obligation to protect the confidentiality of protected health information that customers may provide to Accellion. To that end, Accellion will:
- Not to use or disclose protected health information other than as permitted by the customers or as required by law;
- Use appropriate safeguards to prevent use or disclosure of protected health information;
- Report to the customer any use or disclosure of protected health information not authorized by the customer;
- Ensure that its agents, including subcontractor, to whom it provides protected health information agree to the same restrictions and conditions that apply to Accellion; and
- To make its internal practices, books, and records available to the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for purposes of determining compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
If you have any questions about Accellion’s HIPAA compliance practices, or to receive a copy of Accellion’s HIPAA business associate agreement, please contact your Accellion Sales Representative.